Sunday 17 October 2010

Martins October training so far.....


So, October arrived & so did the drop in temperature!  No problem I thought. Sporting my stylish new Luso leg warmers yesterday, managed a somewhat challenging 47 miles around the Cotswolds - 3000ft of climbing, averaged 13.3 mph, which I was quite pleased about.  Only problem was that getting up this morning, I was really, really glad that I wasn't going anywheer near a bike today! Mmmmm - that says a lot about my 'core stamina' methinks - will have to undertake soem research on how to fix that!! No doubt Trev, our resident team expert can advise me - he helpfully supplied us all with an article on Hydration at our first planning session in a local watering hole this week :)

Last weekend, a longer 56 miles, but fairly flat ride gave me a somewhat false boost to my confidence I think.

As for the newly installed turbo trainer (Minoura Gyro V270) - its a great device & having set up an old TV & DVD player, 30 minute sessions are quite bearable - I just need to try & stick to my planned 3 per week. Not working yet :)

1 comment: