Sunday 3 October 2010

Guilted back into the saddle....

There have been excuses, but essentially I hadn't been out on the bike since mid August, save one 5 mile trek to the top of Bredon Hill.  May 2011 is fast approaching and I needed to get back out there, even if just to keep up with Rodger and all his rowing and cycling.  Well yesterday I managed a little over 17 miles and it felt good.

Brilliant! At least it would be, [or I would certainly feel better] had the reason for my sudden burst of motivation  been the thought of the challenge that lays ahead and ensuring I was prepared and at peak levels of fitness.

But no, my motivation, a guilt trip following the demolition of a bag of donuts! Plain and simple gluttony was what it took!

Anyhow, I have broken the trend of not training and am now back in the saddle and raring to go.  In fact had it not been raining and fairly windy this morning, I might be out there now.  Oh!, no wait a minute, that be them darn excuses again.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment