Saturday 12 March 2011

Ever closer

As Ian has already said, the ride is feeling closer and closer. Unlike Ian, I'm not increasing my distance at each ride (60 miles wow!), but instead just making sure that I'm getting time on the bike alongside general fitness. It will be interesting to see which one of us feels better after a couple of days into the actual ride (I think 'interesting' is the word, but I might be using other 'un-publishable' words by then).

Similar to Ian, I managed to do a another ride today. I even managed to unzip my top layer during a particularly sunny bit for the first time this year. I hope we have similar weather for the actual ride.

This adds to the 18 miles I managed to do in January (very cold!) and the 91 miles I did in February (not so cold). I also managed to keep up my rowing and did over 81 miles during January and February combined.

Today was also helped by the addition of a new saddlebag (no more having to carry a backpack) and my new assos bib shorts. I'll post a full list of kit and pictures of my bike closer to the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment